There are 3 types of messages you can send to people who subscribe to your Facebook Messenger bot:
- Standard messages – Your Messenger bot may send one message within 24 hours of a person sending you a message or opting-in to receive messages via a web plug-in on your website (e.g. our Abandoned Cart Rescue plug-in). After the 24-hour time limit has expired you may send only one additional message unless the person messages you back in which case the counter resets. There are exceptions to this rule for notification type messages like order and shipping updates, event reminders, payment & account updates, etc.
- Subscription messages – Your Messenger bot is permitted to send messages any time but these messages must not be promotional in nature. This type of message is intended for sending news and information (e.g. new blog posts) and reminders.
- Sponsored messages – A Facebook ad in the form of a standard message (but marked ‘Sponsored’) that can be sent to all, or a segment of, people who have open conversations with your bot. Facebook charges an advertising cost for sending these messages but they can be a very effective investment to re-engage inactive subscribers.
Here are the messages you can send to Maisie in Facebook Messenger at any time to tell her what you would like to do:
- hi – to view the main menu and explore all your options.
- help – to get help and a link to this page.
- change settings – to modify any settings in your Maisie account.
- create facebook ad – to create a new Facebook ad
- pause facebook ads – to make all your active Facebook ads stop running.
- resume facebook ads – to make all your inactive Facebook ads resume running.
- pause daily reports – to stop receiving business performance reports each morning.
- resume daily reports – to start receiving business performance reports each morning.
- pause messages – to stop receiving all messages and notifications from Maisie.
- resume messages – to start receiving all messages and notifications from Maisie.
To ensure you get full access to Maisie’s features we ask you to connect the following after you create your Maisie account:
- Your e-commerce store account. Currently we support BigCommerce stores and will be adding more platforms over the coming months.
- Your Messenger account. Everyone has one of these, right?
- Your Facebook Business Page
- Your Facebook Ads account
- Your Instagram business account. This is optional but very useful.
When you sign up for a Maisie account you will be asked to connect your Facebook Business Page.
If you don’t have a Facebook Page for your business you can easily create one in a few minutes. Simply follow our step by step guide.
When you sign up for a Maisie account you will be asked to connect your Facebook Ads account. Whether or not you intend to run Facebook Ads you must connect your Facebook Ads account to complete setting up your Maisie account. Don’t worry, you won’t be charged for ads if you decide not to run any.
If you don’t have a Facebook Ads account you can easily create one in a minute or two. Simply follow our step by step guide.
If you don’t already have an Instagram business account for your business you definitely should! You can set it up by following our step-by-step guide: How to switch to an Instagram Business Account.
- Log in to your Facebook Ads Manager and select Pixels from the top left navigation menu.
- If you already have created a Pixel simply copy the Pixel ID. If you don’t have a Pixel click the Create a Pixel button and follow the instructions. Once you have created your new Pixel copy the Pixel ID.
- Log in to your BigCommerce store dashboard.
- Click Advanced Settings in the left hand navigation menu then click Web Analytics.
- You will see a list of options. Select Facebook Pixel and click the Save button.
- Click the Facebook Pixel tab, enter your Pixel ID in the box and click the Save button.
That’s it! You’re all done.
If you decide you no longer wish to use Maisie, she will be quite sad. She might even take it personally. However, she is also mature enough to know that circumstances change so, of course, you may cancel your account at any time. Simply email us with your cancellation request including your registered email and Facebook ID and we will arrange for your account to be cancelled.